Things to Know Before Bringing in Your Quilt Top
- All quilt tops should be pressed with loose threads clipped off.
- The backing MUST be 8-10" larger than the quilt top for both width and length. (Example - if your top is 60"x78" then your backing must be at least 68"x 86"). If your backing is smaller than required and we need to "make it fit", there will be an extra charge.
- There is a $35 charge for centering a top on a decorative pieced backing.
- Backings MUST be squared, with 90' corners and no irregular edges or overhangs! If your backing needs to be squared in order to be loaded onto the table, a prep-work fee will be charged.
- I have just spoken with my batting supplier. There are extended delays and backorders for batting. If you can bring your own batting, it would be very helpful!! Thank you for understanding!
- Do not baste or pin your quilt in any manner. Fold the top, the batting, and the backing separately. Do not use fusible batting or basting spray!
- If your quilt or backing is directional, please indicate the middle of the top edge of the top and the backing with a safety pin.
- Your quilt is usually available for you to pick up approximately 30 days after you drop it off. If there are many large quilts or complicated ones in the queue, this may be longer.
- A longarmer cannot "quilt out" all irregularities, fullness, or wavy borders, but we will do our best to adjust our quilting to enhance the beauty of your piecing.