Things to Know Before Bringing in Your Quilt Top
- All quilt tops should be squared with loose threads clipped off. Press all seams.
- Backings MUST be squared, all edges! The backing must be 8-10" larger than the quilt top for both width and length. (Example - if your top is 60"x78" then your backing must be at least 68"x 86")
- We can piece and / or square your backing for you with a prep-work fee. If your backing needs to be squared in order to be loaded onto the table, a prep-work fee will be charged.
- Do not baste or pin your quilt in any manner. Fold the top, the batting, and the backing separately. Do not use fusible batting or basting spray!
- If your quilt or backing is directional, please indicate which is the top edge of the top and backing with a safety pin.
- Your quilt is usually available for you to pick up no longer than 30 days after you drop it off.
- A longarmer cannot "quilt out" all irregularities, fullnesses, or wavey borders, but we will do our best to adjust our quilting to enhance the beauty of your piecing.
- Yes! We do accept shipped quilts. Our mailing address is: P.O. Box 1151 Selbyville, DE. 19975