Things to Know Before Bringing in Your Quilt Top
- All quilt tops should be squared with loose threads clipped off. Press all seams.
- Backings MUST be squared and be 4-5" larger than the quilt top on all sides. (Example - if your top is 60"x78" then your backing must be at least 68"x 86")
- We can piece and / or square your backing for you with a prep-work fee. If your backing needs to be squared in order to be loaded onto the table, a prep-work fee will be charged.
- Do not baste or pin your quilt in any manner. Fold the top, the batting, and the backing separately.
- If your quilt or backing is directional, please indicate which is the top of the quilt with a safety pin.
- We do have high quality batting available, Quilter's Dream. Available in 100% cotton, 80/20, and environment friendly.
- Your quilt will be available for you to pick up no longer than 30 days after you drop it off, usually within 3 weeks.
- A longarmer cannot "quilt out" all irregularities, fullnesses, or wavey borders, but we will do our best to adjust our quilting to enhance the beauty of your piecing.
- Yes! We do accept shipped quilts.